- 300g Prosciutto/Pancetta
- 2 large Fennel bulbs (sliced with stalk removed)
- 600g Red Potatoes (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 200g Brown Onions (roughly sliced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 50g Butter
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 2 – 3 Bay Leaves
- 50g Fresh Thyme
- 250ml milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Toss the fennel, potato, and prosciutto into a pan and leave to sweat for a few minutes before adding the stock cubes, bay leaf and thyme.
- Once the vegetables are tender (give it 20 minutes), blend soup till smooth.
- Stir in the milk and taste for salt and pepper.