- 1½ cups Self Raising Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- 125g (4oz) Walnut Pieces
- 185g (6oz) Dates
- 90g (3oz) Butter or Margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Sweet Sherry
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
- Stir in sugar, finely chopped walnuts and chopped dates.
- Add melted butter, lightly beaten egg, sherry and vanilla. Combine Well.
- Press mixture into greased and lined lamington tin (11 inch x 7 inch) & bake in moderate oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until it is cooked.
- Allow to cool in tin.
- When cold, ice with lemon icing and cut into fingers or squares.
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- 30g (1oz) Butter
- 2 teaspoons Grated Lemon Rind
- 1½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- Sift Icing Sugar into bowl.
- Stir in melted butter, and lemon and mix well.