- 4 to 6 thick Scotch or Porterhouse steaks
- 6 potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 4 carrots (cut into long carrot sticks)
- 1 cup of red wine
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 clove of garlic
- A handful of bay leaves
- Olive oil
- 2 or 3 sprigs of Rosemary
- Cut potatoes and carrots and mix with oil, salt and Rosemary and place in a 180 degrees pre-heated oven and bake for about 40mins.
- Once vegetables have been baking for about 20mins get ready to start preparing meat.
- Heat oil in large frypan and add garlic.
- Once sizzling, place meat in pan and sear meat for a couple of minutes on each side adding salt as you go - then let rest.
- Add wine, bay leaves, salt and stock cubes and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Take vegetables out of oven and place the steaks neatly on top of potatoes and carrots, then pour all the juices from the pan all over and place back in oven.
- Bake again for another 10 to 15mins then serve with a side salad and a nice red.