- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Mirin (Sweet Rice Wine)
- 1 juiced Lime (zest finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ¼ tablespoon Salt
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber (peeled and halved lengthways, deseeded, finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Ginger (finely chopped)
- 24 Fresh Scallops (roe removed)
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- Place oil in a bowl. Add vinegar, mirin, juice, sauce and salt, then wisk until combined.
- In another small bowl, combine zest, cucumber and ginger. Mix in half the oil dressing.
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat.
- Place scallops in a medium bowl and coat with peanut oil.
- Char-grill scallops for 1-2 minutes each side, then remove pan from the heat.
- To serve, place scallops onto individual spoons, top each with a small mound of the cucumber mixture, then evenly spoon remaining oil dressing over each.