- 2 Litre carton Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Milk
- Packaged dried Breadcrumbs
- Oil for Deep-Frying
- Caramel Sauce Topping
- Place a scone tray in the freezer before starting to make the ice cream balls. We need to keep everything as cold as possible.
- Remove ice cream container from freezer, scoop ice cream into balls with ice cream scoop, put onto prepared tray, return to freezer until hard.
- Working very quickly, coat one of two ice cream balls lightly in flour, dip in combined beaten eggs and milk, then coat firmly with breadcrumbs.
- Place immediately on tray in freezer; repeat with remaining ice cream balls working as above.
- Freeze the ice cream balls until very hard, then repeat egg and bread crumbing to give firm coating.
- They can be then left for several days until you wish to serve them.
- To fry, place ice cream balls, two at a time, into deep hot oil, fry for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with hot caramel sauce.