- 1 whole Chicken
- 2 cups Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Ham or Bacon (diced)
- 2 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Paprika (to rub over chicken)
- Bone out chicken, removing the inside frame, leaving the wings and drumsticks intact. (You’ll need a sharp small knife to do this, if you can’t manage ask your butcher to do it for you.)
- Lay chicken tummy down and mix all your ingredients together to make the stuffing.
- Generously stuff the inside of the chicken and pull back the skin over the stuffing and secure with toothpicks.
- Turn the stuffed chicken over onto a baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Rub some salt and sprinkle paprika over the chicken.
- Put some water into the dish and cook in a hot over on 180°C for 2 hours and baste occasionally.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before you serve. This is delicious hot or cold.