- 1½ cups Almond Meal
- ¾ cup Desiccated Coconut
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1¼ cups Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 120g Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 Orange
- 3 tbsp Sweet Orange Marmalade
- Vanilla Ice-cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease base and sides of a 23cm cake pan.
- Combine almond meal, coconut, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and butter. Pour into almond mixture and combine.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until top of cake is firm. Allow to cool completely in pan.
- Combine the juice of ½ an orange with the marmalade.
- In a saucepan, bring to the boil, continuously stirring and then simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour over cooled almond cake and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream.