- 8 King Prawns
- 4 slices Thick White Bread
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Oil (for pan frying)
- Sweet & Sour sauce
- Cut prawns butterfly style.
- Prepare bread by removing all crusts.
- Combine lightly beaten egg with cornflour and salt & pepper and coat each prawn in the mixture.
- Press the coated prawn into the centre of the bread.
- Heat oil in pan and when it is hot, gently ease each prawn toast onto oil.
- Cook prawn toast 2 at a time until bread is golden.
- Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.