- 1 Panettone (with sultanas)
- 375ml Milk (Hi-Lo)
- 500ml Cream
- 75g Caster Sugar (1/3 cup)
- Vanilla Bean Paste
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Dark Nestle` Chocolate (eating chocolate)
- Preheat oven to moderate (180°C / 160°C fan-forced).
- Combine milk, cream and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Add vanilla bean past. Stir over heat until hot.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl; whisking constantly, pour hot milk mixture into eggs.
- Grease a shallow 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish; layer panettone, add chocolate, overlapping panettone slightly in the dish.
- Pour hot milk over mixture.
- Place the dish in another large baking dish; add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the overproof dish.
- Bake, uncovered in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes or until pudding sets. Remove the pudding from the baking dish; stand for 5 minutes before serving.